Observations

Discuss "The Unsinkable 453" here
pentastar

Observations

Postby pentastar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:03 pm

After watching The Unsinkable 453 again, here are my comments:

- Bianca Jagger makes ice cubes look warm and inviting. When Gualt makes references to some romantic affair that they share, it's one of the most unbelievable elements of the story.

- Petty Motives: Bianca's character decides to have Gault killed because he helps himself to her breakfast. Yeah, she's supposedly sharing a bed with the guy, but she's not willing to share her toast! ::)

- I really enjoyed seeing Norman out in the field helping Jesse. It really adds a dynamic to his character and also gets him out of that stuffy Command Center.

- Fun cinematography gimmick: When Norm and Jesse leave the morgue and get on the elevator, as the door closes the shot also closes out like two doors sliding shut.

- Bianca's character is supposedly rich and wealthy, yet she keeps a lawnmower in her garage. You'd think she'd have her own gardener.

- Continuity error: Jesse is locked in the garage and trying to push the door open, then we see a shot of an external deadbolt that is closed. But when Norman walks up and presses a button, the garage door opens.

- The fastest 1965 Ford Pickup in the world: In the scene where Jesse hyperthrusts through traffic, there is one point which traffic started to move and you see an old Ford truck lurch forward going probably 200 mph! :o

- Doing things the hard way: Ok, so the money was welded into the hull of the boat. Couldn't you just go down to Sears and get a really big torch and cut it open the same way? I guess raiding an armory and blowing a hole in it with a grenade launcher is a whole lot more fun.

- When Gault is fighting Street Hawk, Jesse jumps over Gault's head, to which he fires the grenade launcher and misses. Quesiton is: where did the grenade land? I'd feel bad if some dock workers were unfortunate enough to be under it when it landed.

- Change of heart: After saving her life in Fire on a Wing, Rachel's opinion of Street Hawk seems to change during this episode. After talking to the department psychologist, she relays to Jesse that "...this guy is a real wacko!"

janice

Observations

Postby janice » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:49 pm

- The fastest 1965 Ford Pickup in the world: In the scene where Jesse hyperthrusts through traffic, there is one point which traffic started to move and you see an old Ford truck lurch forward going probably 200 mph!

They don't build them like they used to. 8-)

hernesson

Observations

Postby hernesson » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Rachel (about Street Hawk): This guy is a real wacko. He probably had a tragic upbringing, three or four broken marriages, approaching middle age, probably never could hold a steady job. He's a loner. You know the type, a real loser.
Jesse: (grinning) Well, nobody's perfect! :-)

ducati

Observations

Postby ducati » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:20 pm

You can see the nose cone that fires the missiles is just on a stand with a man or a dummy in an SH costume behine it, YOu can see the stands legs near the airintakes.

drago

Observations

Postby drago » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:08 pm

hi guys,

i am a newbie here and very happy to have found this forum. street hawk was my favorite action series of the 80
Last edited by drago on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pentastar

Observations

Postby pentastar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Hello Drago,

Welcome to the forum.

I think some of your questions are due to not having seen the episode completely. In the Unsinkable 453, Jesse decides to go on a mission without Street Hawk, despite Norman's advice to come back to Command Center. Thus, he gets captured and locked in the garage. That is why he doesn't shoot the doors off.

Regarding Jesse's hand-to-hand combat prowess, it was never really proven in the show. Rarely did we see Jesse take out a bad guy by hand, but in this case he was snuck up behind by one of Bianca's goons.

drago

Observations

Postby drago » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:01 pm

thank you very much Pentastar!

now i can imagine what was happen in this scene.

to jesse
Last edited by drago on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pentastar

Observations

Postby pentastar » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:59 pm

to jesse

drago

Observations

Postby drago » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:07 pm

I honestly don't remember Jesse doing any martial arts. He does chase and tackle Joe Chin, but Joe doesn't appear to try any martial arts against Jesse in the struggle.

yes, i remember this scene. but there was an other one: two guys from the tong family try to kidnap jesse
Last edited by drago on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pentastar

Observations

Postby pentastar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:48 am

yes, i remember this scene. but there was an other one: two guys from the tong family try to kidnap jesse

Return to “Episode 8 - The Unsinkable 453”