Observations

Discuss "Hot Target" here
pentastar

Observations

Post by pentastar » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:14 pm

I also wonder how they get SH BACK into the command centre :P Maybe they have a side door or something.. but if it has to jump out of that chamber it's stored in, it makes me think they would have a hard time getting it back in. I can just picture Jessy banging on that fake poster and yelling at Norman to 'bring the ramp', so he can get back inside cause he used up all his vertical lift boost. :P

That's a very good question, and actually someone asked the same thing one time:

I always wondered how he got back in, maybe a grate that is under the maxi doors. It seems a little stupid to use vertical lift to get in there because he could probably decapitate himself.

Turns out there is mention of it made in one of the Street Hawk novels:

In the "Street Hawk 3" novel, based on the episodes "Dog Eat Dog" and "Follow the Yellow Gold Road," this is mentioned. In "Follow the Yellow Gold Road," you may recall that Norman lost control of Command Center due to the phone company working on the local lines.

When Norman realizes he has been cut off from Jesse, he asks him to come back in.

According to the novel (p. 122):

"Jesse could tell by his tone of voice that it would be futile to question him further, so he turned the throttle and headed for home.

Usually, when Jesse neared the warehouse, the computer that monitored his progress opened the door for him. Jesse's reactions had become so automatic that he hardly paid any attention to it these days, and it wasn't until he reached the spot where he normally hit vertical lift that he looked up and saw the solid front of the billboard looming before him. He slammed on the airfoils, skidding to a halt only a few feet from the building.

'Norman,' he demanded, 'what the hell is going on? The billboard didn't open.'

Norman didn't seem surprised at all. 'Oh, that didn't work either? Just a minute, I'll open it manually.'

Jesse backed up and when the billboard opened, he resumed his approach into the warehouse. He landed inside and quickly dismounted, storming over to Norman with a peeved expression on his face."

It sounds dangerous at first, but Norman could have easily determined the exact point at which Jesse should hit lift to make it in and advise Jesse of this, perhaps marking the spot on the road in some way.

So, according to the novel, Jesse did make a Vertical Lift into the launch tube to get back into Command Center.

Regarding running out of "Vertical Lift Boost", that depends on how Vertical Lift actually worked. If Vertical Lift depended on some onboard storage of compressed liquid/air mixture, then you could definately run out. However, if it was just compressed air, Street Hawk's engine could have been used to maintain compression.

As Norman would say, "It's all very technical!"

Only One Man...

Re: Observations

Post by Only One Man... » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:01 am

I really love this episode, however, why is Mona never mentioned again?

Was she as easy to replace as the infamous station wagon?!? Or maybe it was shown out of order by the network and Norman was due to do all sorts of unmentionable things to her is the back of his shiny new station wagon in Episode 14?!?

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Only One Man... wrote:I really love this episode, however, why is Mona never mentioned again?

Was she as easy to replace as the infamous station wagon?!? Or maybe it was shown out of order by the network and Norman was due to do all sorts of unmentionable things to her is the back of his shiny new station wagon in Episode 14?!?

:shock: :o

I think the intent was to have an episode about love lost and also show some of Norman's past. It probably would have messed up the show chemistry to bring a new character into the show permanently. But I agree, if it was real life it would have been a great opportunity for Norman to renew his relationship with Mona. In fact, I believe some previous board members and I wrote a fan fiction story together where that very thing happens.

K.c

Post by K.c » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:06 am

Hey

Also in this episode , towards the end , you see the Bj and the Bear trailer with a gmc cabover , see the same set up in an episode of Knight rider .

K.c

jig-sore

Post by jig-sore » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:50 am

i have noticed that the riding in the last scene seems to be very ... well careless to say the least. the jumps seem rushed the landings are bad. the worst riding in the whole series.

was this intentional ?? Norman not being "on board" to give a calming influence etc, was Jessie panicking etc or was the stunt guy just having a bad day ???