STREET HAWK: THE COMPLETE SERIES NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD!

All website news and updates will be posted here.
Nurals Street Hawk

Re: STREET HAWK: THE COMPLETE SERIES NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD!

Post by Nurals Street Hawk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 am

Well well well well, finally at long last. The so long awaited Street Hawk has arrived on DVD. I never thought it would ever happen and that if it did pigs would fly, thanks for all your hard work in fighting for Street Hawk to come alive. :D

Until then I was well chuffed for nearly a decade with my own private collection of SH recordings (Back2Back) when Sky's BRAVO channel got the go ahead to broadcast for a one off never before BACK2BACK non stop Street Hawk extravaganza. It was aired only for two days running in the summer weekend of 2001, the whole of Bravo programs were held back and Street Hawk overruled. That was one of the best times of my life where Bravo made Street Hawk come alive and I was proud to have it all, thank you Bravo - hope you can pull this stunt once more. I had to guard my VHS recorder to record all this from start to finish from my family from ever flipping the channel over for two days straight and almost had arguments because of it for the whole weekend and had to hide the Sky remote. All my friends and relatives were jealous and I remember doing a xmas temp role with HMV, how they all couldn't believe how they missed it. The original VHS versions were hard to get hold of back then. And I felt so smug about the fact that I had it all to myself and chuckled at everyone grumbling here in this forum. Now there's no need to weep as it's on DVD and hopefully being released on BlueRay one day (digitally remastered - with enhanced motion picture quality and super sound boost for the bike with THX 7.1 surround sound - wood be good when the bike does that one off 360' back flip). It would be like Street Hawk had just been newly produced in 2010 ready for the new generation to be amazed at. And then enhance that with a new series of Street Hawk like they did with Knight Rider, only they messed it up with over morphing it into a 4x4 truck like as if it were copying Transformers and cheesy cast - it was too overdone and over the top and the story lines messy. They should have kept the morphing subtle as in the their pilot version. Hope they don't do that to Street Hawk and mess it up like handing it over to a bunch of novice to destroy it; on second thoughts don't do a series just make a great Movie out of it please like they normally do for DC comics. Look at what they did to Stargate, a great movie that was destroyed with SG series, the cheesiness just gets to me.

I remember back in the 80's when Street Hawk was amongst it's rivals:
Auto-man, Silver Dream Rider, Knight Rider, Pole Position, Star Wars, Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Firefox (Clint Eastwood), Condor Man...

In its' era there were series not in competition: Manamol, Magnum, Chips, HardCastle & McCormic, Crazy Like a Fox, The A Team (finally a movie has been made), McGuyver...

They all made the best of the 80s and no one can ever live up to this ever again.

If I were to choose from a mass list of 80s show to win the ultimate gold medal of honor of the ultimate series of the decade, would have to be Street Hawk hands down without a shadow of a doubt. No man can ever pull this stunt again and that's a promise, it's a one off silver bullet of high octane adrenalin ride into the man the machine, Street Hawk. The story lines were upbeat and kept you at the edge of your seat and when Jessie Mach is called for an undercover assignment like no other, after he recovered from being injured in the line of duty, a secret government mission lets him ride Street Hawk... and the lights start blinking blue across the SH runway and the SH music starts pumping and the secret doors open with the bike then jumping out riding through the tunnel into the night whizzing pass all the street lights, Norman Tuttle counts down from base station 5,4,3,2,1.... "Hyper-Thrust" - and Jessie says "Let's Boogie" and blast into the sunset with speeds of up-to 300mph, with immense fire power, only one man Norman Tutlle know Jessie's true identity. .. .. the man the machine Street Hawk....

Squilla

Post by Squilla » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm

I agree- but I remembered it being shown on Bravo on a Saturday in 2000.

Nurals Street Hawk

Post by Nurals Street Hawk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Well well well well, finally at long last. The so long awaited Street Hawk has arrived on DVD. I never thought it would ever happen and that if it did pigs would fly, thanks for all your hard work in fighting for Street Hawk to come alive. :D

Until then I was well chuffed for nearly a decade with my own private collection of SH recordings (Back2Back) when Sky's BRAVO channel got the go ahead to broadcast for a one off never before BACK2BACK non stop Street Hawk extravaganza. It was aired only for two days running in the summer weekend of 2000 (07th October 2000), the whole of Bravo programs were held back and Street Hawk overruled. That was one of the best times of my life where Bravo made Street Hawk come alive and I was proud to have it all, thank you Bravo - hope you can pull this stunt once more. I had to guard my VHS recorder to record all this from start to finish from my family from ever flipping the channel over for two days straight and almost had arguments because of it for the whole weekend and had to hide the Sky remote. All my friends and relatives were jealous and I remember doing a xmas temp role with HMV, how they all couldn't believe how they missed it. The original VHS versions were hard to get hold of back then. And I felt so smug about the fact that I had it all to myself and chuckled at everyone grumbling here in this forum. Now there's no need to weep as it's on DVD and hopefully being released on BlueRay one day (digitally remastered - with enhanced motion picture quality and super sound boost for the bike with THX 7.1 surround sound - wood be good when the bike does that one off 360' back flip). It would be like Street Hawk had just been newly produced in 2010 ready for the new generation to be amazed at. And then enhance that with a new series of Street Hawk like they did with Knight Rider, only they messed it up with over morphing it into a 4x4 truck like as if it were copying Transformers and cheesy cast - it was too overdone and over the top and the story lines messy. They should have kept the morphing subtle as in the their pilot version. Hope they don't do that to Street Hawk and mess it up like handing it over to a bunch of novice to destroy it; on second thoughts don't do a series just make a great Movie out of it please like they normally do for DC comics. Look at what they did to Stargate, a great movie that was destroyed with SG series, the cheesiness just gets to me.

I remember back in the 80's when Street Hawk was amongst it's rivals:
Auto-man, Silver Dream Rider, Knight Rider, Pole Position, Transformers, Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Firefox (Clint Eastwood), Condor Man, Tron, Flight of the Navigator, Back to the Future, Moon Walker - (when Michael Jackson turns into that Silver Bullet fantasy car that transforms into a robot and spaceship)….

In its' era there were series not in competition:
Manimal, Magnum, Miami Vice, Chips, HardCastle & McCormic, Crazy Like a Fox, The A Team (finally a movie has been made), Macgyver, Beverly Hills Cop, The Karate Kid, Indiana Joans, Star Wars, Star Trek, Battle Star Galactica, Superman…

They all made the best of the 80s and no one can ever live up to this ever again.

If I were to choose from a mass list of 80s show to win the ultimate gold medal of honor of the ultimate series of the decade, would have to be Street Hawk hands down without a shadow of a doubt. No man can ever pull this stunt again and that's a promise, it's a one off silver bullet of high octane adrenalin ride into the man the machine, Street Hawk. The story lines were upbeat and kept you at the edge of your seat and when Jessie Mach is called for an undercover assignment like no other, after he recovered from being injured in the line of duty, a secret government mission lets him ride Street Hawk, an all terrain attack motor cycle... and the lights start blinking blue across the SH runway and the SH music starts pumping and the secret doors open with the bike then jumping out riding through the tunnel into the night whizzing pass all the street lights, Norman Tuttle counts down from base station ..."5,4,3,2,1".... "Hyper-Thrust" - and Jessie says "Let's Boogie" and blast off into the sunset with speeds of up-to 300mph…

Jessie Mach, an ex-motorcycle cop, is injured in the line of duty. Now a Police Troubleshooter, he's been recruited for a top-secret government mission to ride Street Hawk, an all-terrain, attack motorcycle designed to fight urban crime. Capable of incredible speeds up to 300mph and immense firepower. Only one man, Federal Agent Norman Tuttle, knows Jessie Mach's true identity: The Man; The Machine; Street Hawk.

neozinc

Post by neozinc » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:29 pm

I got it!
Streethawk on dvd, yeah baby.
:D
checked out episodes back to back even the unaired pilot, interviews, great to see the original stars appearing on the dvd remembering the good ol' days of streethawk,funny, cool and surprising, a streethawk movie in the works? please let it be so.
I only had afew problems with the dvds in the 1st dvd episode 2 a second self the music was changed dancing in the dark and desperado was removed and replaced with a generic instrumental of what was trying to sound like the original artist, too bad thats what made streethawk such a great show the cool 80's soundtrack.

the second problem I had was that the 2nd dvd was damaged,NOoooooooo!
episode 5,dog eat dog keeps freezing toward the action ending, ain't that a bitch, I got to replaced it asap .
thats it.

you can't win em all.

Nurals Street Hawk

Post by Nurals Street Hawk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:31 am

The part where George Clooney and Jessie Mach are racing each other with their dirt bikes whilst that thumping Bruce Springsteen 'Dancing in the Dark' plays in the back ground. I think the instrumental part on this music is still the same as compared to how they aired it on Bravo channel, but if you'd remember seeing 2. A Second Self in January 1985:

Jesse investigates a gang of car thieves. During a chase, one of the crooks gets killed. The brother of the deceased blames StreetHawk for his death and so hires a hitman to take revenge by luring Jesse to his doom. However, the hitman turns out to be an old pal of Jesse's.
Guest Stars: George Clooney, Robert Lipton, Marco Rodriguez
Broadcast: 11-Jan-1985
Writer: Nicholas Corea & Bruce Cervi
Director: Virgil W. Vogel

- that played the original music with Bruce Springsteen actually singing, then it's a damn shame they got rid of it on DVD, due to SH not getting exclusive rights to play this again or it would cost them more to have this on or something. They need to get this back on no matter what, to make Street Hawk COMPLETE

Bruce Springsteen please give Street Hawk the exclusive rights to play your music 'Dancing in the Dark'. This music of yours really lifts the spirit of SH fans love and gels nicely in the racing motion played on 2. A Second Self. Thank you.

neozinc

Post by neozinc » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Just got my 2nd copy of streethawk and finally the dvds are in good shape, watching the dvds again the episode dog eat dog, in the beginning , they also removed the original soundtrack and replaced it with a instrumental, damn, why that one, I don't remember that song being a 1980's hit song? ....by the way is that lady suppose to be madonna?, lol.

I agree streethawk isn't complete for us diehard fans, I got the bravo dvds from ebay some years back plus the original vhs pilot movie which I burnt on dvd, now those are the real deal except for some cut scenes due to commercial time and bad video and audio, if its not one thing its another I tell you.

I would love for shout to release a uncut, uncensored, directors cut, remastered original tv version soon, bluray?....if possible, lets face it hd is here to stay.

Nurals Street Hawk

Post by Nurals Street Hawk » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:25 am

There's a new 55" flat screen TV coming soon developed by LG (LEX8) that outruns its' rivals by miles that I'm investing in to enjoy SH on. Not only is it 3D in full HD and full LED with the highest spec, it is coming with a new ground breaking technology in the making; using 'Nano Technology' with 'Nano Lighting Technology' combined. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/televisions/lg- ... -50000636/

I haven't yet watched my SH DVD collection yet... but until I get this TV next year I will then start watching my SH DVD collection in ultimate performance together by christening the LEX8 LG TV first time with STREET HAWK turn NANO TECHNOLOGY. Making sure beforehand I get to dub my collection with all the original music that had been taken out in this DVD release. All in all, picture and sound quality will be greatly improved like as though SH has just been made in this decade, digitally remastered etc and can convert to ultimate 3D viewing. It will definitely feel like STREET HAWK has been RESURRECTED into the far reaches of the calcium galaxies and beyond... where no man has gone before...

Josch Schulz

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Street Hawk found his way into germany now...but Quality is poor and no extras but they have the DVDs now as well :)

MaX-treme

Post by MaX-treme » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Wow, a great DVD Design ;)
Attachments
_streethawk.jpg
_streethawk.jpg (145.92 KiB) Viewed 65193 times
_10407013_598266013620285_1307416984084964280_n.jpg
_10407013_598266013620285_1307416984084964280_n.jpg (90.09 KiB) Viewed 65193 times

Josch Schulz

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:23 am

Hey Guys :)

I have seen they also brought a DVD out called "Street Hawk - The Movie" - So what is up with that :) Is that the Laserdisc version ?? I have the LD and that sayed was a nice one as well and I also have the VHS of the Pilot...all in german but still nice since it is that rare

Lars