Got me a ticket!

Talk about anything else here!
hernesson
Got me a ticket!

Post by hernesson » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:50 am

I'm bouncing around today as I found out Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull are touring and coming to my town! ;D
I just booked some tickets for 3 months time and glad I did, as it is looking to be a sell out ...
Their music is a relatively new discovery for me I'm ashamed to say, but I've been immersed in the music since I realised there was more to them than a crusty, country-fied "diddly-ikey" band. ;) 8-)
one of my all-time fav. Tull tracks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpW13OIcqFo

BTW, I heartilly recommend seeing Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" in concert. I saw them last year on the first tour in Wembley. 30ft martian fighting machine dominating the auditorium! WOW! :o 8-)

ducati749s

Got me a ticket!

Post by ducati749s » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:56 am

Thats kinda good, the clothes are a bit weird...even for the 80's :) :) ;D

While we are here talking about music, here are a few of my favorites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq9BlKFMCVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wad27tmHBz4\

Anyone else a Dire Straits fan?
I do like other stuff but my ipod is full of Dire Straits.

hernesson

Got me a ticket!

Post by hernesson » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:16 am

That was Anderson's trademark, the minstrel clothes, along with playing the flute on one leg!
I loved the whole dressing up lark, especially in 80's music. I'm a fan of Adam Ant.

How about this for a fun video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jqqx9e2-Wo
You may recall the same song was covered in "Dog Eat Dog" when they were at the film studios.

Dire Straits? Love 'em. Money For Nothing, but better still - Brother In Arms - was a fantastic song.

pentastar

Got me a ticket!

Post by pentastar » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Dan: When I saw the title to this thread, I thought to myself "Dan can't drive. How in the world did he get a ticket?" Haha!

Ducati: Oh yeah, I love Dire Straits. It's funny because as a kid I grew tired of hearing Sultans of Swing because my mom always listened to it when it came on the radio. Even into Jr High I wasn't a big fan of theirs; my mother bought me On Every Street one year for Christmas and I refused to like it. But in High School I joined one of those CD music clubs and became a fan of Dire Straits when I purchased one of their "Best Of" albums that had Money for Nothin'. After that I became a fan and started to appreciate their songs. I even bought a new copy of On Every Street. I'm probably one of the few Dire Straits fans who thinks this was one of their best albums. I'm also probably one of the few Dire Straits fans whose favorite song is Telegraph Road.
Last edited by pentastar on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hernesson

Got me a ticket!

Post by hernesson » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Scott: hehe. Guess what? Next month I start learning to drive! Watch out England, Dan's behind the wheel! [manic laughter]

janice

Got me a ticket!

Post by janice » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:56 pm

Left side of the road Dan. Left side of the road. Stay out of the ditch!!! :o Hands over my eyes!!

hernesson

Got me a ticket!

Post by hernesson » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:15 pm

Really? 30 years of American tv has been LYING to me????? You mean I can't use my hand-brake to turn corners, drive with no hands and shoot through rail crossroads yelling "ye-haw!"
How disappointing ... :-)

pentastar

Got me a ticket!

Post by pentastar » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:34 pm

No, Dan, I'm afraid TV isn't real.

I can just see it now, Dan goes down to the used car lot:

Dan: "Yes, I'd like to buy a car. I just received my license."

Salesman: "Ok, what kind of car are you looking for?"

Dan: "Well, I'm still kinda new to this driving thing. I need a car that is going to be forgiving and will know how to handle a driver like me."

Salesman: "Okay, how about this Ford Cortina?"

Dan: "Mmmm...no....do you maybe have something in black? With a red strobe light in front?"

Salesman: ???

hernesson

Got me a ticket!

Post by hernesson » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:21 pm

:-)

One of my favourite quotes from Batman Begins.
Christian Bale to Densel Washinton: "Does it come in black?!" :-)

janice

Got me a ticket!

Post by janice » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:11 pm

Really? 30 years of American tv has been LYING to me????? You mean I can't use my hand-brake to turn corners, drive with no hands and shoot through rail crossroads yelling "ye-haw!"
How disappointing ... :-)
Sure you can, Dan. You just will not be able to keep your license for very long.