Question for Josh: Moderators?

Talk about anything else here!
pentastar

Post by pentastar » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:24 pm

Hey Josh,

We've had a couple instances of people spamming the boards with incomprehensible posts intended to get people to click on their links. Do you have the power to delete these posts when you see them? Second, I was going to suggest if you'd be willing to appoint one of the board members to be a Moderator to help police the boards in case we get someone posting spam or obscene material.

If you select a moderator, I'd nominate Dan. He probably spends the most time in the forums of any of the board members. It might send his ego through the roof, but I think he'd still be a good Moderator.

Just a suggestion, lemme know what you think.

hernesson

Post by hernesson » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:16 pm

Hehe, thanks (?) for the vote of confidence there Scott! Grrrrrr! >:(
I don't really wish to promote myself above anyone here, that's just me messing and having some fun with you guys. I'm not really narcissistic. ::) So, if any of you want to moderate then feel free. Saying that, I agree I am the one who is on here the most...
I don't think the spam problem is really epidemic, thankfully, this board fortunately doesn't seem to suffer too much from "trolls"/people out to antagonise, but I agree with Scott - it is slightly annoying when it happens.

If I can help you administor in any small way, Josh, let me know. I promise to use my "new powers" only to annoy! ;D 8-)

ducati749s

Post by ducati749s » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Hey Josh,
It might send his ego through the roof, but I think he'd still be a good Moderator.
I would nominate Dan also, from what I've seen on the forum he is very diplomatic and cuts through the crap well. Just my thoughts.

It is up to Josh though, Josh is a great moderator but if he wants someone to help out I would suggest Dan.

The Ego thing might be a severe problem ;) Only messing.

josh

Post by josh » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:40 pm

You guys actually want Dan to have power???

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:55 pm

You guys actually want Dan to have power???
ROFL!

Actually, I'm all for sharing of power. Maybe we could make Ducati a mod, then they could ban each other for being English & Irish. Or maybe Janice could be a mod, she could be the voice of sanity in an insane world...er...board.

Anyways, it was just an idea, if you don't like it then just file it with the rest of my ideas in the cylindrical filing cabinet.

josh

Post by josh » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Honestly, I dont care. I do know that for some reason I can't even delete those threads unless I logon as the site admin. ::) So I don't know if making a few of you moderators would even help. I will give it try........DAN, I BESTOW UPON YOU ALL OF THE POWERS OF FORUM MODERATOR!!!!! ;D

ducati749s

Post by ducati749s » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Honestly, I dont care. I do know that for some reason I can't even delete those threads unless I logon as the site admin. ::) So I don't know if making a few of you moderators would even help. I will give it try........DAN, I BESTOW UPON YOU ALL OF THE POWERS OF FORUM MODERATOR!!!!! ;D

OH NO!
I knew this would happen :o

Janice, I'm scared......... :'(

Dan, sir, permission to speak.......LoL ;D

Congrats though.

hernesson

Post by hernesson » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:59 pm

Oh, this is SWEET! :-)

Josh, you're a brave man ... just don't give me control of anything which remotely says "nuke" "kill" or "maim!!!!"

Scott! My Brother Mod! :D Welcome aboard dude ...
To the rest of you subservient rabble, don't make us angry ... you wouldn't like us when we're angry! LoL :-)

janice

Post by janice » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:13 pm

If you can only delete post as admin, then Dan can be designated to report any untoward posts to you. What does that make Dan site tattletale?

hernesson

Post by hernesson » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:45 pm

:-) Both Scott and I have the ability to delete, move, lock and sticky posts/threads. I've been doing a bit of maintenance tonight, bumping threads and polls to the front where they can get more viewings. Also, the link to the DVD petition. It was in danger of getting buried...

Oh, and we have access your email addy too Janice! LoL :-)