Acceleration

Talk about anything else here!
ducati749s
Acceleration

Post by ducati749s » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:51 am

Now I have owned a lot of bikes and to explain the acceleration of a modern performance bike to a non biker is fairly difficult, this video sums it up, its the same as my bike but mine is red and mine is uprated("R" spec timing, termignoni carbon fibre exhaust and more)this is a video of a standard one, mine would be a fair bit quicker:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4449920414

That went through 6 gears and would have topped out at about 165mph-172MPH, mine would have far better mid-range and top end.
:)

hernesson

Acceleration

Post by hernesson » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:23 pm

Well, I'm more the wiser .... ???????!
LoL :-)

paul

Acceleration

Post by paul » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:33 pm

Mmmmm bike acceleration is sweeet. Got a Hornet 600 and used to have a CBR400RR and they're pretty cool but the ultimate was riding a CBR600 FS and a 1000cc Blade around Donington Park. What a buzz you get from the pull of the machine. Braking can be just as scary when you feel like your about to go over the bars.

ducati749s

Acceleration

Post by ducati749s » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:35 pm

Mmmmm bike acceleration is sweeet. Got a Hornet 600 and used to have a CBR400RR and they're pretty cool but the ultimate was riding a CBR600 FS and a 1000cc Blade around Donington Park. What a buzz you get from the pull of the machine. Braking can be just as scary when you feel like your about to go over the bars.
Is it the new hornet? The new and old are both very nice bikes, always liked the look of them, way nicer than the Suzuki Bandit. For a long time the VFR800 has been my favorite honda though, its an awesome machine versatility wise; tour, scratch, commute, it does it all and its got the added bonus of that seriously sweet V-four motor, gorgeous drone out of them. The new Blade is a real mean machine, cool looking especially in HRC colours, how did you find it to ride?

BTW you have a PM. ;)

paul

Acceleration

Post by paul » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:51 pm

It was a new Blade back in 2002, rode very well but I just found it a bit too bulky and preferred a 600 for Donington.
My bike is a 98 model and only done 10000 miles. Passed my test on a Bandit and although it was a good machine I way prefer the Hornet.
My CBR400 was done up in the Castrol Honda colours from the 2000 season and was a stunner, only got rid of it cos I used to ache too much when I got off it.
Always wanted a go on the VFR8.