New Smilies? (Josh?)

Talk about anything else here!
pentastar
New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by pentastar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:30 pm

This question may be more for Josh than anyone else, but I was just wondering if we could get some more smilies to use in our posts? Maybe one that's laughing? Or maybe one that's making shifty eyes?

Would anybody else like to have more smilies, and any suggestions?

hernesson

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by hernesson » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:37 pm

Would anybody else like to have more smilies, and any suggestions?
Are you on drugs? ;) :D :o 8-) ??? ::) :P
WHY?

hernesson

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by hernesson » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:40 pm

My suggestion was the return of the chat room, seeing as now we get quite a few of us online at the same time. No one seemed that interested in a regular scheduled chat though.

ducati749s

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by ducati749s » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:42 pm

My suggestion was the return of the chat room.
Return?????
I am making blueprints for a Lamborghini Cala
It has the forum and live chat, cool idea IMHO

BTW The SH replica blueprints are coming up a treat.

In regards to kit cars, I love the custom building aspect and I really think that its part of keeping the automotive industry alive(I used to have an Eagle SS a long time ago ;) ) but I am in 2 minds about stealing a manufactured + copyrighted design and reproducing it but I see the allure of a One-off Lamborghini. My drawings for will probably be going on a CNC machine and that will make a buck(you take the kits off that) for the body ;D

pentastar

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by pentastar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:05 pm

In regards to kit cars, I love the custom building aspect and I really think that its part of keeping the automotive industry alive(I used to have an Eagle SS a long time ago ;) ) but I am in 2 minds about stealing a manufactured + copyrighted design and reproducing it but I see the allure of a One-off Lamborghini. My drawings for Black Ops will be going on a CNC machine and that will make a buck(you take the kits off that) for the body ;D
Ducati, sometimes I wonder if your life goal to hijack as many threads as possible. I'm still not sure how...but you transitioned from talking about smilies and chat boards to building kit cars?

???

I tell ya, between you and Dan...sometimes it's like herding cats.

ducati749s

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by ducati749s » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:13 pm

In regards to kit cars, I love the custom building aspect and I really think that its part of keeping the automotive industry alive(I used to have an Eagle SS a long time ago ;) ) but I am in 2 minds about stealing a manufactured + copyrighted design and reproducing it but I see the allure of a One-off Lamborghini. My drawings for Black Ops will be going on a CNC machine and that will make a buck(you take the kits off that) for the body ;D
Ducati, sometimes I wonder if your life goal to hijack as many threads as possible. I'm still not sure how...but you transitioned from talking about smilies and chat boards to building kit cars?

???

I tell ya, between you and Dan...sometimes it's like herding cats.
Well what can I say........eeerrrrr.....nothing actually :-[
In my defense it was connected to the thread.
Actually you are hijacking an already hijacked thread because you are talking about hijacking threads :P

pentastar

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by pentastar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Actually you are hijacking an already hijacked thread because you are talking about hijacking threads :P
LOL!

See, I need a smilie to show that I'm laughing! (There, tied it back into the smilies.)

That was a pretty funny comment, though. :)

ducati749s

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by ducati749s » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:25 pm

I think the main problem with message boards is that something you type doesnt read the way you wanted it to, If you get me?!?!?!?, I think smilies help the problem a bit ;D

hernesson

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by hernesson » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:44 pm

Emoticons are a good little invention especially for saps like me and Ducati. Sometimes my comments come over alittle too dead pan, so you really have to know me to tell if I am being funny or serious. Some yanks have a bit of a problem with irony I've found. ;) In the past I've accidentally put many people's noses out of joint by saying something someone's taken too literally when infact I've meant the opposite! ;D
I do think we have enough emoticons here to choose from though, but SURE, if it's easy to import in more and it keeps Scott happy - GO FOR IT! ::) ;D

Duc'y - looking forward to seeing those blueprints btw! :)

pentastar

New Smilies? (Josh?)

Post by pentastar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:58 pm

Some yanks have a bit of a problem with irony I've found. ;)
And some brits have a problem actually being funny. ::)

Usually it's not irony that gets you in trouble, but sarcasm. It's quite difficult to express sarcasm in written form.

In the past I've accidentally put many people's noses out of joint by saying something someone's taken too literally when infact I've meant the opposite!
Yeah, I've had the exact same problem when making the following statements:

Dan is an upstanding fellow.

Dan practices good hygeine.

Dan definately does not bear any physical or mental resemblance to George Bush.

...yanks don't get irony. Hah!