Talk about anything else here!
hernesson
KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by hernesson » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:14 pm

Play nicely children ... ;D

ducati749s

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by ducati749s » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:21 pm

Stock market views: I was suprised to see the S&P 500 go up 0.88% but that was Juxtaposed against my huge dissappoint to see NASDAQ-100 AHI go down 0.03%. Right now I think the best place to invest is in Microsoft as it is set to rise 10 fold!
This is an exciting time for business!

janice

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by janice » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:39 pm

Na-Na-na-Na-Na.

hernesson

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by hernesson » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:43 pm

This is most enlighting Mr Burke. Thank you kindly for you advice, sir. I will be listening carefully to what you have to contribute in the near future. In the meantime, perhaps you would be interested in the following. I found it to be most interesting.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. health officials have told import inspectors to detain wheat gluten shipments from a Chinese company identified as the supplier involved in a major recall of pet food.

ADVERTISEMENT

A notice from the Food and Drug Administration directed inspectors to stop all wheat gluten imports from Xuzhou Anying Biologic Technology Development Company Ltd.

The FDA said wheat gluten supplied by the company to Menu Foods was found to contain melamine, a chemical used in plastics and fertilizers. Menu Foods has recalled 60 million cans and pouches of "cuts-and-gravy" style wet pet food sold under various brands after the deaths of 14 cats and dogs.

Melamine should not be in pet food, but its presence has not been confirmed as the cause of any pet sickness or death, the FDA said on Friday.

In an alert to import inspectors, the FDA told personnel to detain wheat gluten from the Chinese company until it had provided results of an investigation into melamine contamination and other information.

pentastar

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by pentastar » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:54 pm

Ducati and Dan, you both are seriously whacked in the head.

Are you truly determined to talk about exactly the opposite of what the thread is for?

You guys are nuts. No wonder you all live on an island, you probably would drive the mainlanders insane!

We need to get someone from Scotland on here to check their sanity level. Maybe it's a virus affecting their brains.

Either that or too much Guiness.

janice

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by janice » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:04 pm

U.S. Hog Inventory Up One Percent
USAgNet - 04/02/2007

U.S. inventory of all hogs and pigs on March 1, 2007 was 61.1 million head. This was up 1 percent from March 1, 2006, but down 2 percent from December 1, 2006.

Breeding inventory, at 6.08 million head, was up 1 percent from last year, but down slightly from the previous quarter. Market hog inventory, at 55.0 million head, was up 1 percent from last year, but down 2 percent from last quarter.

The December 2006-February 2007 pig crop, at 26.1 million head, was up 2 percent from 2006 and up 3 percent from 2005. Sows farrowing during this period totaled 2.87 million head, up 1 percent from both 2006 and 2005. The average pigs saved per litter was 9.08 for the December 2006-February 2007 period, compared to 9.03 last year.

U.S. hog producers intend to have 2.91 million sows farrow during the March-May 2007 quarter, down slightly from the actual farrowings, but up 1 percent from 2005. Intended farrowings for June-August 2007, at 2.92 million sows, are virtually unchanged from both 2006 and 2005.

pentastar

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by pentastar » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:15 pm

That's it, I give up, you're all insane! ::)

ducati749s

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by ducati749s » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:16 pm

U.S. Hog Inventory Up One Percent
USAgNet - 04/02/2007

U.S. inventory of all hogs and pigs on March 1, 2007 was 61.1 million head. This was up 1 percent from March 1, 2006, but down 2 percent from December 1, 2006.
:o I never knew there were that many Police officers in America ;)

Actually I was recently researching nuclear physics and have come to the conclusion that:
Nuclei do not lend themselves to exact theoretical understanding, because they are composed of many particles (protons and neutrons), but are not large enough to be accurately described as periodic, as done with crystals. So "nuclear models" that, singly or in combination, account for most nuclear behavior are used. Three of the four types of fundamental interaction play important roles in nuclei, the strong, electromagnetic and, on a longer time scale, weak.

Nuclei are held together by strong interactions (mostly exchanging pions), but electromagnetic repulsion of the positively charged protons tends to push them apart, according to Coulomb's law. The stable nuclei all have close to the lowest energy ratio of protons to neutron for their atomic weight. Nuclei near enough to this ratio to be bound but not close enough to be stable, give off electrons or positrons (beta decay) or take in electrons (and also give off neutrinos), to move closer to that ratio. This is the main place where the weak interactions come in. Nuclei that are too massive to be stable are pulled apart by the coulomb repulsion of their protons and either fission or give off alpha particles.

Though the number of energy levels is not infinite, as it is for the electron wave functions of atoms, most stable or nearly stable nuclei have many bound levels. These usually decay toward the ground state by emitting gamma ray photons.

Protons and neutrons are fermions, with different value of the isospin quantum number, so two protons and two neutrons can share the same space wave function. In the rare case of a hypernucleus, a third baryon called a hyperon, with a different value of the strangeness quantum number can also share the wave function.

The binding energies of the protons and neutrons are on the order of 1 % of their relativistic rest masses, so non-relativistic quantum mechanics can be used with errors usually smaller than those from other approximations.

Dan, since you are interested in my views on the stock market I shall give you an insight into it

Global issuance of equity and equity-related instruments totaled $505 billion in 2004, a 29.8% increase over the $389 billion raised in 2003. Initial public offerings (IPOs) by US issuers increased 221% with 233 offerings that raised $45 billion, and IPOs in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) increased by 333%, from $ 9 billion to $39 billion.
When investing first in the stock market you need to know this
From experience we know that investors may temporarily pull financial prices away from their long term trend level. Over-reactions may occur

hernesson

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by hernesson » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:04 pm

Sir. You've given us much to think about. To quote a good Analyist and Statistician that I swear by, a Mr Homer J. Simpson, 'you're thoughts are intriguing to me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter...' :-)

Can there ever be too much guiness in the world?????! The only national tragedy I'm interested in would be if Al'Quida started to target Guiness supplies everywhere.

josh

KINDERGARTEN AREA

Post by josh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm

I agree with pentastar. You are insane...