Movie exclusive (APRIL FOOLS!!)

Talk about anything else here!
taurus2006

Post by taurus2006 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:24 am

Hello fellow Street Hawk fans!

I've been lurking for awhile, maybe a year or two, and have only just had the chance to log in. What a great forum you have here. I look forward to being here more!

Re. the Street Hawk movie. I can say that it is very much a reality. I have a friend inisde Universal called Jeff who I've been talking to about the dvd release delays and he's forwarded me this about a month back.
I've been looking forward to a street hawk movie for years. I still have the original US broadcast on video tape somewhere.
Matt Damon should make a great Jesse Mach.
I can't wait until 2008.

I guess you haven't seen this?

'Street Hawk' movie announced
Oscar Winning Director will bring the TV classic to the big screen.

The short lived cult tv series, which starred 70
Last edited by taurus2006 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hernesson

Post by hernesson » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:40 am

Hi Reed,

Nice to have you hear. Wow! Thanks for this information. Did you guy say anything about a possible dvd release, hopefully before the film?
Mmmn, not sure about Matt Damon. I hope that's a mistake! P Diddy? Oh, dear ... :-(
I still think Rex and Joe should make a cameo of some kind, to pass on the baton so to speak. Speaking of which they never mentioned Norman in the article? Wonder who they'll get for him. Any suggestions?
I love Michael Mann's films. Funny, as Mann seems to be a fan of Tangerine Dream as he's used them several times in his movie scorings. Could he convince TD to do the scoring again?

Exciting news. What do the other guys think?

Dan

ducati749s

Post by ducati749s » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:53 am

A modified Honda XR trail bike, the original 'star' of the series will also get a revamp in the form of a heavily customised Benelli TNT by Michael Scheffe's team of engineers, who were responsible for designing K.I.T.T for NBC's Knight Rider.

Reed
(taurus2006)
Actually there might be something in this. There have been rumours circulating in motorcycle media circles that Benelli have teamed up with an unnamed designer to work on a prototype futuristic bike that may have been spotted(albeit heavily disguised)in Spain. Since the 2007 major bike shows and exhibitions are now past, people are left wondering when this bike will see the surface.
M.Scheffe?!?! He designed the trucks in "The Highwayman" as well.
Good work Reed!

josh

Post by josh » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:56 am

Sounds like an April fools joke to me......

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:22 am

Hello Taurus2006,

Thanks for your post, even if it might just be an April Fool's joke. Fantasy or reality, this sort of stuff gets people talking at least.

I must say, even if it is fake, it sounds very realistic and believable. Well, except for that bit about lurking for years and then all of a sudden you create an account so that you can give us one of the most important announcements ever for the Street Hawk community.

If it is real, almost everything about it sounds great. I actually think Matt Damon would make a cool Jesse Mach (at least he's not Keanu Reeves!) Jennifer Garner as the love interest would be kinda cool, except I doubt they wouldn't be recruiting her unless they've expanded her character's role to have some martial arts butt-kicking planned. Oh well, at least she'd be able to hit a bad guy over the head with a shovel without looking like a complete idiot. And then there's P. Diddy. ::) Well, who knows...if they set the expectation low enough, I might find something redeemable about his performance. But not likely.

That whole bit about Rex Smith showing interest in the part, that reminds me of when Tim Burton remade Batman and Adam West got all huffy because he didn't get asked to reprise his role from TV. Yeah, like we wanted a Bruce Wayne with liver spots. :P As much as I like Rex Smith and wish him the best of luck in his career, I think too much time has passed for him to be able to reprise his role as Jesse Mach. Still, it would be fantastic if they could work in a cameo for him and Joe Regalbuto as well.

As Dan mentioned, any word on Norman's character?

And if this was all just April Fool's, well, I guess you got me!

hernesson

Post by hernesson » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:27 am

I seem to recall a guy called Reed from the old Street Hawk list? Taurus - did you go by another name????

Certainly a turn out for the books. It sounds just about as stupid as to be true! Any more insider info on this?

Cheers
Dan

ducati749s

Post by ducati749s » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:34 am

I think its Pukka. So this is going to be SH:
I hope a load of fiberglass isnt thrown on it >:(
Matt Damon *could* be O.K. I would say Normans role will go to a well known 40 something actor, could be G. Clooney?!?!?!?
I bet Norm will now drive a *Pimped* Escalade ;)

hernesson

Post by hernesson » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 am

I'm sure the way things work now, Norm will be black, or a girl. How's about Norma?

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:41 am

I'm sure the way things work now, Norm will be black, or a girl. How's about Norma?
No, probably worse. He'd likely be the token gay guy.

Now THAT would kill it for me.

janice

Post by janice » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:43 am

No, probably worse. He'd likely be the token gay guy.

Now THAT would kill it for me.
How about a cross dressing, black, gay guy?