Original Production Stunt-Suit for sale!

Got something Street Hawk Related to sell? Post it here!
RockinRoller
Original Production Stunt-Suit for sale!

Post by RockinRoller » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:21 am

Hello everyone,

my name is Oliver and I´m a long-time collector for movie-relatetd scale-models... in that matter I came in contact with many other collectors in Germany.

Finally I meet a guy was is more than dedicated in movie-related stuff and have a huge collection.

He meets a girl (also a collector) and they will move together into a new house - "shy" starting to sell stuff from their collection... so I was asked if I could sell the suit for him, because he didn´t have the time for that!

The suit was bought in the 90´s from a guy working for the production-company.

There was once a proof of authenticity, but it was handwritten and signed and got lost over the years.

The suit is in excellent shape, a friend of us wears it for display in summer, because of the time in storage the shoulder-pads were dry and began to crumble away...

The price should be around 1600,- Euros
incl. shipping (with a handwritten proof of authenticity from my friend + ID)

Contact me: rockinroller@gmx.de

Pictures will follow soon...

spyhunter2k

Re: Original Production Stunt-Suit for sale!

Post by spyhunter2k » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Looking forward to seeing pics. That said, provenance is everything, and as you mentioned there is no original paperwork to go with the suit to help establish its authenticity. Is there a tag inside that you can show, or does your friend have the name(s) of those he dealt with to get the suit? There will need to be something other than a letter from the current owner to establish its authenticity.

Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:43 am

Hey Oliver,

kannst Du mir bitte Bilder an GKo1040480@aol.com senden ich wäre sehr interresiert.

Gruß Guido

scott

Post by scott » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:27 am

I have a original stunt suit and a original Rex suit. When I say "Rex suit" it's the "hero" type suit worn by Rex, but I'm sure in other scenes when we see a close up of "Jesse" that didn't require Rex to be in the better costume his double also wore the custom made suit, not the rougher stunt suit.

Will be interested to see if the stunt suit matches mine. The stunt suits were a one piece work uniform dyed black and modified to look like the "hero" suit.

No shoulder pads.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:23 pm

For a heart stopping moment there I thought you were selling your suits! GOOD HOME waiting :lol:

blakes7

Post by blakes7 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:28 pm

hi im interested scott
whats the prices
what other props do u have
my mobile uk 07720899524

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Hello Blakes7, they are not for sale mate. The first ad is supposed to be for an original stuntman suit but its come to nothing so far on here from rockinroller. He's possibly already done a private sale. Scott wont sell his suits.

RockinRoller

Post by RockinRoller » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 am

Hello again,

I was busy with work AND the birth of my daughter... first child... everything is a bit new... :D
Here are photos of the stunt suit that is for sale. My friend is really no professional photographer... so be patient. The little circles on it are dust on the lens - on the pictures they look like metal buttons. But as I say, it´s only dust!

New pictures are in process... did you have a special detail you wish to see, let me know:

rockinrolle@gmx.de

Hallo allezusammen,

ich war leider beruflich sehr eingespannt UND nebenbei wurde ich noch Vater einer kleinen Tochter... unser erstes Kind... also alles doch recht "neu" :D

Hier die versprochenen Fotos des Anzugs den ich hier anbiete. Mein Kumpel ist nun sicher kein professioneller Fotograf... also seid bitte nachsichtog. Die kelinen Kreise auf dem einen Bild sind nur Staubkörnchen auf der Linse - auf dem Bild sieht das wie Druckknöpfe aus. Aber wie ich schon sagte... ist nur Staubreflektion.

Neue Bilder sind in Arbeit... besondere Detailbild-Wünsche? Bitte melden unter:

rockinroller@gmx.de

RockinRoller

Post by RockinRoller » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:30 am

Additional: The suit was once purchased from a guy named Mr. Schmidt aus Burgwedel / Germany
I will try to contact him for further informations... and get back here soon.

Zusatzinfo: Der Anzug wurde einst von einem Herrn Schmidt aus Burgwedel gekauft.
Ich werde versuchen ihn wegen zusätzlicher Info´s zu kontaktieren... diese werde ich hier gerne posten.

Gruß
Oliver

scott

Post by scott » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:38 am

How about some photo's without the white photoshop background? Two or three will do, just show someone holding the suit, or on a hanger stuck on the back of a door.

Any writing on the inside waistband? If so, how about a photo showing what is written.

How about a close up of the neck showing how it uses velcro in the front? Plus a close up of the writing on the one side of the zipper slider? Finally, can we see a close up of either the left or right arm elbow pad?

With those details I should be able to compare with my suit and verify if it's authentic. Even if it is a production used costume, 1,600 euros is a bit much for a stunt suit from a TV series that has a small cult following. There's not much demand. That works out to just over $1,700 U.S. dollars. I'd say a production used Rex Smith "hero" suit should run between $1,700 to $2,000. A stunt suit $900 to $1,100 U.S., however that's up to a buyer and the seller to discuss.

Thanks!