Prototype Racing Suit

Are you currently building or interested in building a replica bike? Post your info and progress here.
spyhunter2k
Prototype Racing Suit

Post by spyhunter2k » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 pm

I thought I'd start a post that contained all of the known pics of the prototype black riding suit with the light gray sleeve uppers and single red stripe along the upper right sleeve. This version was seen in several promotional pics and it appears as though some scenes were even filmed with a rider in this suit.

In the original pilot script I have, the entire suit is described as being "shadow gray" and trimmed in "alizarin crimson" which is probably where they got the idea for the gray and red colors on this prototype suit. (Incidentally, the helmet was described to be shadow gray with dark blue-tinted visor and "of aero-tech design".)

And a very very rare pic that shows the rider wearing the prototype suit during an earlier version of the scene where Street Hawk chases the two red dirt bikes through the sewers. Note that in the final version of the scene broadcast, Street Hawk never emerges from the tunnel. In the original script, though, Street Hawk follows the bike out into the open, and once it is obvious that the police caught the thieves, does a 180 and disappears back into the tunnel. It appears the scene was filmed this way originally and then re-shot at some point.

I wonder how many other scenes were filmed using a rider wearing this suit...No pics have ever surfaced of Rex Smith in this costume.

Last edited by spyhunter2k on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

spyhunter2k

Re: Prototype Racing Suit

Post by spyhunter2k » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Added three more pics.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 am

Wow! thanks for sharing these rare pictures Seth. Now we know the origins of the suit it does'nt seem quite so odd! :D (Dont like the idea of a grey and blue helmet though, far too 80's!)

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:03 am

You're very welcome.

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:13 pm

The pics from my original posts disappeared so I've re-hosted them.

A few months back, some pre-production concept sketches of possible Street Hawk outfits came up for sale on Ebay. I snagged a cap of the one that ended up looking very similar to the prototype suit:

I also bought the "Star Cars" poster magazine that has one of my absolute favorite pics of the pilot bike. I corrected the colors, photo-shopped the seam line and staple holes, and erased the chalk line drawn on the road to show the rider where to park the bike. Final result is beautiful (in my opinion).

Only one missing is the overhead B&W promo pic, but it seems I never scanned it. I'll add that one to the thread eventually.
Last edited by spyhunter2k on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 am

Awesome, thanks Seth.

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:45 pm

From an Ebay listing (I have the pic already but have never scanned it):

To my knowledge, that's all the pics that exist with the prototype black/grey, with red stripe, suit. If anyone knows of others please post them or provide a link.