what brand of helmet would street hawk use today

Are you currently building or interested in building a replica bike? Post your info and progress here.
streethawk6944
what brand of helmet would street hawk use today

Post by streethawk6944 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:08 pm

i like the new open face helmets with the full visor.

jack

Re: what brand of helmet would street hawk use today

Post by jack » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:48 am

It's very unlikely they'd use anything like that. Those are scooter helmets, they're made from polycarbonate and designed for low speed only. They're not very aerodynamic and don't have much protection in an accident.
To make it believable they'd need it to look like a racing helmet for the high speed work and it would be ideal to have a peak or sun-visor for enduro work. Most of the dual-sport helmets have a removable peak but it would look good on screen to have the peak fold back for hyperthrust. There's a lot of decent looking helmets out there so it really comes down to what the bike looked like. If it had modern styling it would likely have sharp angles and ridges. Some of my choices would be

This kind of modern sports look

Or this with modern road styling

Or this kind of peak if it could retract for high speed

Or this awesome lid, again with a sun peak.

It just depends on how the bike looked and what fitted, I guess.

grifone14

Post by grifone14 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:06 pm

I have a helmet used Ghibli, but it's white.
In my opinion based on the characteristics and shape of helmet of the show, the current one that comes closest is the integral Shoei.

Stfalk

Post by Stfalk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:55 am

I think the original helmet would still look nice. It's a timeless design. Also it's the only helmet I have ever seen that doesn't make the rider look like a bubblehead. I actually always thought it was only a prop helmet because it is so streamlined. Any other helmet I have seen makes the rider's head look too big.