SPYHUNTER2K (SETH C) PILOT REPLICA BODY KIT

Are you currently building or interested in building a replica bike? Post your info and progress here.
jesse1

Re: SPYHUNTER'S PILOT REPLICA-IN-THE-MAKING

Post by jesse1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:50 pm

spyhunter2k wrote:
jesse1 wrote:What is that black bracket and round reflector on the left strut? That is not stock and some shots of the bike doesn't have this bracket.
It looks like some sort of wheel lock they added after the bikes were finished, and maybe were too lazy to remove for the photo shoot.
jesse1 wrote:Aren't the 2 pipes the exhaust? they have that brown discolor associated with a worn in exhaust pipe.
You can see in the 2nd pic that the left pipe is open ended/dsiconnected at the front, and these pipes are not in the pictures of the bike with functioning air foil doors.
jesse1 wrote:That little radiator is not associated with an air cooled XRL500 engine....
Yeah, it looks like a radiator to me, but it probably isn't. I'm not sure what it actually is. Maybe it's supposed to LOOK like a super radiator for a super bike?
jesse1 wrote:Just remember in my picture the exhaust of the original bike was a flex tube....
Yeah but if I can fit an actual muffler in each tube to dampen the sound so that it's more rideable, I'm gonna do that.
I think it is the radiator to cool down the hyper-thrust jet engine or the condessor for the air conditioner unit... :lol:

jesse1

Post by jesse1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Spy, any updates on the bullet proof windshields?

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:41 pm

jesse1 wrote:Spy, any updates on the bullet proof windshields?
Not yet. Hopefully very soon. Trying to make the rear seat cap now.

scott

Post by scott » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 am

AMAZING LOOKING PARTS!

It's coming together very well.

I hope you allow the rest of us to live vicariously through you, and post some video of yourself riding it.

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:23 am

scott wrote:AMAZING LOOKING PARTS!

I hope you allow the rest of us to live vicariously through you, and post some video of yourself riding it.
Actually, I'd love to eventually get some footage of me on the bike to splice in to the pilot to create extended versions of the scenes with Jesse on the bike.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Now THAT would be awesome!!

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:30 pm

For pics of the first body kit produced, built onto a finished bike, please see Jon's thread and the pics on the Facebook group of Jon's bike displayed at the Scotland Comic Con this past weekend. I'll just leave this one pic here for posterity:

I didn't get the tailpiece made in time for the con, so that will be covered in an update soon, and then it's on to finishing Guido's kit. These guys have been hanging with me for years as I slowly completed the body parts and I'm very grateful for their patience.

jesse1

Post by jesse1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:09 am

I am curious about the improper offset of the curved exhaust piece and square exhaust pipe. The center line from that piece aft is off by about an inch to low? What is your opinion? I assume those were temporary seats because of the time factor..... Overall, the bike is stunning!

scott

Post by scott » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 am

spyhunter2k wrote:
scott wrote:AMAZING LOOKING PARTS!

Actually, I'd love to eventually get some footage of me on the bike to splice in to the pilot to create extended versions of the scenes with Jesse on the bike.
Great idea, I would love to see that.

Seeing those parts on Jon's bike shows you are a master craftsman. Congrats!

Did you make those weapons pods on the handlebars, or did Jon come up with those?

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 pm

jesse1 wrote:I am curious about the improper offset of the curved exhaust piece and square exhaust pipe. The center line from that piece aft is off by about an inch to low? What is your opinion? I assume those were temporary seats because of the time factor..... Overall, the bike is stunning!
Jon will be tweaking the bike down the line, and yes, that may include raising the rear panels a bit and aligning the exhaust tubes to the HVABS, while at the same time lowering the back of the seat. Now that this con is over, he can relax a bit and dial some stuff in as he see fit. It was really helpful to me to see how/where he'd attached the panels. For example, I suspected that the handlebars didn't actually come up through the center of the handlebar opening, and they didn't. They are actually more towards the rear of the opening to accommodate the huge lump attached to the front of the handlebars on the screen-used pilot bikes (electronics? battery pack?). And so on.

One thing Rex said to us several times was "This is just the beginning." He knew the time crunch involved to get the bike ready for Scotland, and hoped that it would likely be displayed many more times. He was excited to hear of plans to further develop the bike to refine the details and possibly have more features in the future. But even in this first iteration, it was as you said, stunning. Rex was watching people as they came in to the exhibition hall, and commented on how many people entered, walked right past the other vehicles, and came straight up to Jon's bike. It was that cool to see in person.