Guido´s Pilot Street Hawk project started!

Are you currently building or interested in building a replica bike? Post your info and progress here.
Guido
Guido´s Pilot Street Hawk project started!

Post by Guido » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Hey all,

so I know I started here on that board yesterday as an absolutly newbie but to repeat my wife "Man your crazy" I was not getting besides my PC now for allmoost 2 complete days lol.

I readed a lot of very interrestings infos here and all these super interresting and helping treads from you guys on here that are already started with there own Street Hawk replica bike and so I also started today as I bought an XL 600 some minutes ago.

Here is what I bought some minutes ago and I think realy not a bad way to start or what do you guys think?

O.k. now the first step is done but I know exactly that the very hard way is starting now with finding the correct wheels and other parts I need.

Greetings Guido

Guido

Re: Guido´s Pilot Street Hawk project started!

Post by Guido » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:59 am

Good morning again,

so also the hole day yesterday I was at the internett to research for items and if everything worked out as I hope it would do than these here are my new wheels:

If I readed everything correctly here in some of your fantastic treads than these are the correct Morris Mags wheels to use on the Street Hawk replica bike.

Greetings Guido
Last edited by Guido on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guido

Post by Guido » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 am

Also Monday starts as a very good day as this morning I was able to get the deal done about the Morris Mags wheels and they are devenetly now mine.

So now I have to start find the correct PM 13" rotors and calippers that I need what I know that it would not be easy but I think it´s not impossible.

Greetings Guido

PS: If anyone would have some of these items double that he would not need any longer please let me know that would be very friendly.
Last edited by Guido on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 am

Räder und Bike gut aussehen zu gehen. Die PM 13 'und 10' Rotoren sind sehr schwer zu bekommen, werden Sie wahrscheinlich nur finden sie in den USA. Die vorderen Bremszangen sind noch in der Produktion (nicht genau das gleiche, aber nahe genug) Der hintere Bremssattel Topf 2 ist auch sehr schwer zu finden und wahrscheinlich nur in den USA erhältlich. Halten Sie suchen bei ebay USA :) (Sorry ich hatte eine Reihe von Ersatz Rotoren aber diese sind zu einem Kerl in Miami ist verkauft!)

Wheels and Bike look good to go. The PM 13' and 10' rotors are very hard to come by, you will probably only find them in the USA. The front calipers are still in production (not exactly the same but close enough) The rear 2 pot caliper is also very hard to find and most probably only available in the USA. Keep looking on ebay USA :)
(Sorry I did have a spare set of rotors but these have been sold to a guy in Miami!)

Guido

Post by Guido » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 am

Hey Jon,

ty very much for the nice words and you know already that I absolutly love your own built up tread totaly.

BTW I think these PM calippers here would do the look and work for the front 2 ones I need or what would you say?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en

Greetings Guido

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Bike looks great.

The front wheel is correct—a 19" Harley 5-bolt pattern Morris Mag. The rear was actually a 6-bolt pattern Morris Mag 18" wheel—not the more common 5-bolt Harley pattern, like this:

That said, using a Harley 5-bolt pattern wheel on the rear is fine, as the more accurate 6-bolt wheels are very few and far-between. The 6-bolt, 6-hole Morris Mag rear sprocket won't fit, and you'll need to either have a custom 5-bolt, 6-hole rear sprocket custom made (not that hard to get) or go with the less accurate 5-bolt, 7-hole HD Sportster rear sprocket that originally came on the 5-bolt rear HD 18" wheel.

Looking forward to your progress.

Seth

Guido

Post by Guido » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello Seth,

ty very much for the infos and your built up tread is also very informative for me and your work you did on the body is realy breath takeing. If you ever decide to sell body kits kopys I would jump in directly for sure.

Back to the wheels shit I realy thought I would have snaped up the correct ones with the 5 hole patterns but o.k. always great to learn and get new informations.

BTW Seth you would not maybe would have some of the correct front rotors double that I maybe could take out of your hands?

Greetings Guido

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 pm

The 5-bolt rear wheel can be used and 99% of folks wouldn't know the difference as long as you get a 6-hole sprocket made up for the rear. If you go with a 7-hole Sportster rear sprocket the inaccuracy's a little more noticeable, but not by much. Most people aren't going to notice the extra hole in the sprocket or the missing hole in the wheel bolt pattern.

I'll look and see if I have a spare set of front discs. I don't think so, but I may...

I'll be offering a kit soon. I actually have gotten the pricing all worked out except for a few bits. BUT it will be a pilot version kit. I hope to eventually have a series-version kit as well, but that's farther down the road.

Seth

Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:34 am

Hey again Seth,

besides the hole pattern which one would be the correct rear sprocket an 47T or 48T one?

Greetings Guido
Last edited by Guido on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Sorry. I know how many large holes should be in the rear sprocket, but I don't know an exact number of teeth.