Hello!

If you are new to the forum, please stop in to say "hello" and tell us a bit about yourself.
PeterGrayson1977

Hello!

Post by PeterGrayson1977 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Hello! Everybody,
I have just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I watched the tv series back in 1986 (I think) when it was shown on Yorkshire Television in the evening (around 7.30pm). I am not a big motorbike fan, however I have alway`s thought (after I saw the tv series) that the motorcycle design used in the series had the "it" factor. I also watched the tv series "Knight Rider" as well back in the 1980`s and liked the look of the car used their, however the motorcycle in "Street Hawk" had more appeal to it. I suppose that, if you had to call the motorcycle used in Street Hawk; a male or a female; I would call it a very attractive female in a little black dress, in need of love.
I had the following tied-in merchandise: The Big Dipper (audio book), Smaller Version of the Wind-Up Toy and all three releases of the video`s.
The audio book "The Big Dipper" I sold a few years ago (after first recording the tape and scanning the book).
The following video releases: Canadian (MCA) and Great British (CiC); that had the uncut version`s of the pilot episode on them, I sold around the same time (I copied the video`s and scanned the video cover`s first).
I also got rid of the four Target book`s around the same time, this was all to create some needed storage space.
Now I only have a few tied-in item`s to copy; before I can get rid of them.
About a year ago I found out that the entire series was finally released onto dvd, so I pre-ordered it and did not have to pay the after-release price. However before I bought the official DVD release I had two unofficial disc set`s; one of them had the 2001 Bravo episode`s and the other had the 2005 Sub-Television episode`s.
Recently I bought the "FunSkool" vehicle and figure from a seller in America and have started to customize them to that of the tv series appearance.

JON1482

Re: Hello!

Post by JON1482 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 am

Welcome Peter. hope you enjoy reading the 1000's of pages on this fantastic forum. The Japanese kit you refer to is very hard to find, I only know of one person who has one and that is member spyhunterY2K from the USA. He might be able to assist you.

Squilla

Post by Squilla » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi dude.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you make loads of cool Hawk friends.

What a guy!

Stu

Squilla

Post by Squilla » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:10 pm

JON1482 wrote:Welcome Peter. hope you enjoy reading the 1000's of pages on this fantastic forum. The Japanese kit you refer to is very hard to find, I only know of one person who has one and that is member spyhunterY2K from the USA. He might be able to assist you.

Yeah it'd be WELL nice to have one of those

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello Pete,

Welcome to the site! Thanks for sharing your memories of Street Hawk, another UK fan, I feel like a minority here!

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:21 am

Dont feel bad pentastar, like I said we only had three tv channels back then :lol: