Hello from a newbie!

If you are new to the forum, please stop in to say "hello" and tell us a bit about yourself.
broken_turnip

Hello from a newbie!

Post by broken_turnip » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi all

I'm David and I'm from Derby, UK. I've been a SH fan since I was about 16 odd (31 now) and I had this vague memory of a super charged bike on tv. Couldn't remember what it was so I googled what I could remember and it told me it was Street Hawk! I must have watched it as a kid (I was 5 in 1985) so it's stuck in my memory all this time.

I bought the video off Ebay, watched that, got hooked and ended up here and now, still buying and collecting stuff from the show and still lovin it as much as when I was five, lol.

Haven't really had much to do with it for the past couple of years though, I got married this year and the planning of the wedding pretty much took up all my spare time (and cash!)

I've only just realised today that I've only ever seen 9 or 10 episodes and not the full 13. This is because the clown I bought the DVDs off (these are the ones off Bravo) didn't put the full set on, so I've never seen George Clooney in SH, for example. I didn't realise as well until a couple of days ago, via this website, that the proper official DVD set has finally been released! I feel like I've been living under a rock for god knows how many years, lol.

Anyway, if this link works, take a look at my collection of memorabilia, and perhaps advise me about one or two things, particually the scene board...take a look, it'll make more sense...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122528718 ... p_Xm3PmXRg

JON1482

Re: Hello from a newbie!

Post by JON1482 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:36 am

Hi David, welcome to the forum. WOW, what an amazing collection, I've never seen most of your stuff particulary the helmet racer, bean bag, window blind and plaster paint set. I think a lot of the merchandise was produced in the UK ( a lot was unofficial) I had a sweatshirt when I was a kid from the market and that definately was'nt official! So I think that's why we get more stuff turning up on UK ebay more so than in the US.
I saw the 'clapper board' on ebay a few months ago, I was'nt convinced either but it's a strange thing to forge and for not much money why would someone bother? So it may just be the real thing! Keep collecting and keep the dream alive! :D

broken_turnip

Post by broken_turnip » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks Jon

Just got to say that I love this site, everytime I come on here I seem to find something else to look at or read.

It was you and Streethawk.fan that inspired / motivated me to round up everything I've bought over the years and put the pictures online. Seeing your suit and helmet and streethawk.fan's display case made me want to get everything out and show it off.

In regards to what you said about never seeing the bean bag or the blind before you've got me thnking now...I wonder if someone used the rolls of SH fabric to make them, rather than it being official merchandise? I don't know if the bean bag has a label on it (i've put it back in the attic) so the next time I get it down I'll have a look.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Nice to see I've inspired someone :D , you could be right about the beanbag etc. Will Fong in the US sold rolls of the fabric a while ago, he's sold a lot of stuff including the original race suits worn by Rex Smith and the stuntman suit to a fellow SH fan, Scott, I've been trying to get him to sell them to me but he wont ever part with them, would you!!? :mrgreen: I'm hoping to get going again with my bike build so keep watching for updates.

broken_turnip

Post by broken_turnip » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Updated the web album with two more photos. I keep finding stuff scattered all over the house!

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Welcome broken_turnip, thanks so much for sharing the memories and the memorabilia, I also saw items in there I had never seen before, quite a treasure trove! Too bad the Command Center playset or the MPC scale model weren't there; since seeing pictures of the advertisements for them posted here, I've always hoped to find out they were produced and sold somewhere.

broken_turnip

Post by broken_turnip » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 pm

I've posted a letter to Santa asking for these for Christmas lol