SOMETHING DURING THE OPENING TITLES I NEVER REALISED BEFORE!

Anything about Street Hawk can be discussed here.
Stef3
SOMETHING DURING THE OPENING TITLES I NEVER REALISED BEFORE!

Post by Stef3 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 am

Watching the series again recently, and god knows how many times I've watched it since the Bravo re-runs 13 years ago, I noticed something during the early bits of the titles (before the Street Hawk logo pops up) that I NEVER realised before.

Jesse (or Rex) is sat, leaning right down with his head level with the bike's windshield and turns his head (right) to face the camera! (Just before the headlamp pops up).

I guess most people have already realised that but I ALWAYS thought that the helmet was resting on the bike and, kind of, turned/twisted toward the camera as Jesse grabbed it from up and under it's rear. I think maybe, because that early sequence is so dark, with quick edits, it was hard to see what was happening in certain bits.

Also, I gotta say, I find that little edit somewhat unnerving or creepy. A still, opaque helmet turning slowly (robotically even) to face you.

And that's all I got to say! :lol:
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Leo Amatelli

jack

Re: SOMETHING DURING THE OPENING TITLES I NEVER REALISED BEF

Post by jack » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:06 pm

I downloaded the series from the DVD (you can't buy DVDs where I am) and I noticed something odd too. Right at the beginning of the music at the end of the intro there's a note just as the headlight pops up. Well sometimes it comes up right at the note, other time it doesn't. Depends on the episode. That seems odd, it means either the music was out of sync which is unlikely on a DVD release or else there were different versions of the intro?