HERO SERIES BIKE TIMELINE

Anything about Street Hawk can be discussed here.
scott

HERO SERIES BIKE TIMELINE

Post by scott » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 am

Jesse1,

Thanks very much for sharing all the photo's and stories of the bikes. It's been like gold to all of us I'm sure.

I know the "hero" series bike timeline from when it was sold from Florida years back. Eric Nagy owned it then, along with a costume (claimed he had a helmet, but no photo's of it surfaced to my knowledge) Nagy sold it on ebay to my online pal Andy Baker in the UK. Andy kept it for awhile, but needed to get rid of it and offered it to me for the same $12,000 price he bought it for. I couldn't afford that, but at the time I was in contact with Chris Brohman about buying Street Hawk fiberglass parts and put the two in contact. Brohman bought the bike, and restored it and eventually sold it to Cars Of The Stars in Keswick. When that museum closed down it was bought by the museum in Florida, and is currently back in that state again.

My question for you: Did you sell the "hero" series bike directly to Nagy in Florida, or did it pass through someone's hands before he came to own it?

I find the history of the bikes fascinating...thanks!

jesse1

Re: HERO SERIES BIKE TIMELINE

Post by jesse1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:17 pm

No, I did not sell it to Nagy. I sold it to a local guy named Richard. Best that I can remember; memory is the second thing that goes, the first thing is..., I forgot. He and his bud's worked at one of the local motorcycle shops in Chandler/Mesa AZ. These guys there bought most of the bikes. I say around 4-5 of them. Don't know where they went from there. :oops:

scott

Post by scott » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 am

Okay...gotcha, I remember he said it came from AZ, but he never got into specifics.

Thanks very much!

jesse1

Post by jesse1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 pm

That last set of fiberglass parts, helmet, boots, and suit were sold to a firefighter in Downey, California
But only partially paid me! I am still pissed after 30 plus years..... :evil:

scott

Post by scott » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:38 am

That freakin sucks, I don't blame you for still being pissed.

Do you still remember his name? Sounds like a guy those of us in the Street Hawk community should avoid any potential deals with.