EMAIL FROM BOB WOLTERSTORFF (Creator and Producer)

Anything about Street Hawk can be discussed here.
spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:04 pm

Great info. I hope he knows how much we appreciate his time in answering these questions.

I finally found the pic I was looking for that shows the dummy gas cap on the real pilot bike, as shown in that drawing of the almost-final version of the electronics. Before seeing that sketch, I never knew what that rounded raised area behind the tank display and in-between the two front seat extensions was supposed to be. Here's the comparison shots:

Since they abandoned the 4-piece seat that had the ejector middle section in favor of just using the stock seat on the series version, this dummy cap is only seen on the pilot bike.

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Josh,

That was fantastic! Give Bob a big "Thank You!" from us. We couldn't ask for better.

josh

Post by josh » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 pm

The interview can be viwed in full, with a few more photos, here -> http://www.streethawkonline.com/WolterstorffInt.html
Last edited by josh on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott

Post by scott » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:41 am

Dude!!! This is top-notch!

3) The pilot is listed as being 90 minutes long in pre-airing advertisements, but the final product was only 60 minutes long. Do you remember what scenes were cut to so significantly reduce the length?

But again, if he could just scrounge up more pics, it would be worth a gift basket and a 6-pack from me! Already I've gotton useful info about what some of the buttons/lights are supposed to do. Like the "Fuel level" gauge originally intended to be a fuel pressure gauge. The only problem is that I can't quite read all of the fine print attached to some of the buttons and lights, but I'm squinting and doing my best!!!
The pilot as originally aired by ABC was 90 minutes in length. I recorded it back in 85, and still have it. However, the Universal VHS release stateside, and syndicated U.S. reruns have a edited down version of the pilot at 60 minutes.

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Can you tell us what scenes were cut/shortened?

jlaebbischer

Post by jlaebbischer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Hello

I am back Online

I had in the Past some Personal Problems. and can't build at the Command Center.
To continue the Projekt, I need Pictures and other Informations from the Makers.

Can you send Mr. Wolterstorf these Question, or give me his Email-Adress if he is satisfied?

P.S. Sorry for the English. I try to improve myself without the Google Translator...
Last edited by jlaebbischer on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawk Legend

Re: EMAIL FROM BOB WOLTERSTORFF (Creator and Producer)

Post by Hawk Legend » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 pm

This interview is brilliant, it should be issued on the site itself! 8-)
"The true rock'n'roll legend is rising again... the man, the machine... Street Hawk returns!" - Elvis Presley, 2010.

spyhunter2k

Re: EMAIL FROM BOB WOLTERSTORFF (Creator and Producer)

Post by spyhunter2k » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:14 pm

I finally got around to scanning the pics on the back of the laser disc sleeve, and thought I'd post a pic comparing the studio pic of the bike against the blue screen with the actual scene from the Canadian/blue-beam pilot where they inserted this footage:

Judging from the slight difference in angles, the guy shooting the film must have been to the photographer's left... I wonder why the bike and rider looked so fuzzy when superimposed on the footage taken on location?