Street Hawk OFFICIALLY coming to DVD!!

Anything about Street Hawk can be discussed here.
josh

Street Hawk OFFICIALLY coming to DVD!!

Postby josh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:00 am

It looks like someone is finally bringing Street Hawk to DVD! :mrgreen: According to the info below the DVD's will also include some bonus materials.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Street ... nned/12970

Today we had the pleasure of speaking with the head of Fabulous Films USA, who filled us in on some of their upcoming DVD plans. One of the highlights of our conversation was the revelation that the 1985 show Street Hawk - The Complete Series will come to DVD next year! The program starred Rex Smith (also known for his appearance as "Daredevil/Matt Murdock" in the 1989 telefilm The Trial of the Incredible Hulk), and other regulars on the show were Joe Regalbuto (Murphy Brown) and Jeannie Wilson (Simon & Simon).

These 13 episodes (including the 90-minute pilot telefilm) also included many guest stars, including one of the earliest-ever acting roles for George Clooney (ER, The Facts of Life, the Ocean's films) in the show's second episodes. Also found will be Christopher Lloyd (Taxi, Back to the Future films), Brian Thompson (The X-Files, Werewolf), Sybil Danning (The Concorde: Airport '79, Battle Beyond the Stars), Tige Andrews (The Mod Squad, The Phil Silvers Show), Bianca Jagger (Mick Jagger's ex-wife; The Cannonball Run), Joanna Kerns (Growing Pains, the original V mini-series), Belinda Montgomery (Doogie Howser, Man From Atlantis), Bibi Besch (Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, The Day After), M.C. Gainey (Lost, The Dukes of Hazzard [2005 film]), and Dennis Franz (NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues).

The release doesn't have a specific release date yet, but is expected to hit stores in the 2nd Quarter of 2010 (springtime). Pricing and package art haven't been finalized yet, and won't be for a while. Bonus material hasn't been finalized yet, either, but Fabulous Films is off to a good start: they have secured a new 30-minute Making-Of Documentary and interviews with cast and crew such as Rex Smith ("Jesse Mach"), Joe Regalbuto ("Norman Tuttle") and Jeannie Wilson ("Rachel Adams"). We'll have much more for you about this long-awaited, highly anticipated release just as soon as the staff at Fabulous Films wrap up teir plans. Stay tuned!

SanDee

Re: Street Hawk OFFICALLY coming to DVD!!

Postby SanDee » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:50 pm

omg this is amazing, i cant wait

pentastar

Re: Street Hawk OFFICIALLY coming to DVD!!

Postby pentastar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:13 pm

This is incredible! I had completely given up any hope that a DVD would be released. If this comes to fruition, it would be a bona fide miracle.

Wouldn't it be great if they included the original soundtrack as an extra?

Yeah, I know, you can't ask for two miracles in a row.

spyhunter2k

Postby spyhunter2k » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Great news, though I won't allow myself to fully believe it until I see it. I wonder if Wolterstorff has beeb involved in this, or if he at least has been contacted to provide a commentary or interview...?

I'd also love to see an interview with Probert.

streethawk.fan

Postby streethawk.fan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:31 pm

ive got copy dvd's from america but cant wait for the real thing.

btufail

Postby btufail » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Finally, I remember when i signed that petition along time ago. Wonder how the original transfer will look? I have the unofficial DVDs I got from this website awhile back. Now all we need is a the Blu-ray version. Haha, Like that will happen :D.

josh

Postby josh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:48 pm

I have been talking with the owner of Fabulous Films and I have a little more info about the release of Street Hawk on DVD. The DVD will be released and sold in the US, UK and Australia. It will contain interviews with Rex Smith, Jeannie Wilson and Joe Regalbuto.

It looks like there is no doubt that the DVD will be released in Q1 2010!!!!! :mrgreen:

josh

Postby josh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:43 pm

What suggestions do you have for the DVD set? Make your suggestions here!

spyhunter2k

Postby spyhunter2k » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Episodes 2-13 for the DVD just received a UK rating this past Monday:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/ClassifiedWorks/DC880125C25A34D6802576A100535314

Getting excited!
Last edited by spyhunter2k on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

spyhunter2k

Postby spyhunter2k » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:22 am

According to Fabulous Films' facebook page, the UK release will be in March, with the US release "probably" in April:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fabulous-Films/49428938754

Here's the cover art:

Return to “Street Hawk”