Hawk-Eye

Post your Street Hawk fan fiction here!
jack

Re: Hawk-Eye

Post by jack » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:59 am

I'm working on it! Proof-reading is taking time. I'm English from London but currently living in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I rode here by motorcycle about 5 years ago now, scratching that travelling itch.

Hawk-Eye is a great fun book to work on, especially if you grey up in the 80s. I've peppered it with references that those of us of that age will get. It's pretty obviously based on Street Hawk too.
I've completed the final draft of the second book too. I'm hoping to get a fair few out and some short stories to support the characters.
It's dragging on which is annoying but it should be up and available for free in the new year. It's going on Amazon for Kindle at .99c but with an introduction that will link you to the free site. I'm doing that so it gets a proper listing on other sites and so Amazon library users can read it free in their preferred format.
I'm aiming it to always be free online.
Soon, soon.

jack

Post by jack » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:51 pm

I was promised that the editing would be finished up by the end of January but it's dragging on. The book will definitely be up in March! Cover design is done and beta-testing is al complete. It's close.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:19 am

:o :o that looks the biz!

jack

Post by jack » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Thanks. I spent hours going over old DVD covers and novelisations of old shows. Streethawk, Airwolf and Knight Rider, among others. I looked at all the updated concepts and tried to make it look like it belonged among them. The story reads as if Streethawk was made into a modern movie version updated to a modern audience and so I wanted the cover to match.
It's killing me that it's taking so long to finish. The sequel is already written and ready to start editing and the third and forth is in the planning stage.
I've started to build a replica of the bike too. I totally fell in love with it. In the TV show the bike is a gentle and easy to ride, in this version it's a snarling, violent and unpredictable beast that breaths fire and kills riders.

jack

Post by jack » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 am

I heard from the editor today that he's in the last few chapters now. I'm pretty excited about this, it means it should be out by next weekend.
When it's done, I'll post links.

jack

Post by jack » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:09 am

Hawk-Eye will be out for free on Amazon this weekend and will be up on my website in PDF format a bit later. I just got it back from the editor today, I have to go back over the changes and check it out but it will definitely be available this weekend. It will be on Amazon for Kindle free, 4th and 5th, and in a week (or so) it will be 'forever free' on my site.

I'll post links when it's up.

Thanks

Jack

jack

Post by jack » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:07 am

This weekend I’m launching my new pen-name ‘Jack Brewhouse.’ The old one just wouldn’t work with search engines so I had to have a re-think. I’ve managed to get 4 novels up and 2 short stories so far onto my new (unfinished) website.
All of my books are free this weekend, 4th and 5th until midnight (US time.) I’ve attached a link to my site, all you need to do is click on the book cover to be taken to Amazon for a free download.
There’s ‘Travelling lite’ a story of my motorcycle ride around Europe. It’s not dramatic but charts the course I took from complete idiot with no idea what he was doing, to slightly less of an idiot with a vague idea of what I probably shouldn’t be doing.
Hawk-Eye: Traffic is a nostalgic comedy/action/drama about 80s super-vehicle shows. It’s like a modern movie remake of an 80s TV series in book form (with extra toilet jokes).
Serves. No Useful Purpose is a sci-fi comedy in the style of Douglas Adams (but with entire chapters devoted to toilet jokes.) There also 2 additional short stories featuring these characters and their fascinating lives. (‘Stressed out. At the interview’ and ‘Losing. The will to live.’ Both are free.)
Lastly there’s ‘The Human Race.’ That’s a mystery drama about an online motorcycle challenge to win a share of a million pounds and the lengths people will go to win it.
The link to the page is below
If you would be so kind, it would be awesome if you could post reviews for the stories. As I said, they’re all entirely free this weekend but you don’t even have to download them to review (I think.)

Many thanks.

Jack

http://jackbrewhouse.com/books/

Hawk-Eye is on this link

I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCP4RTK/re ... +brewhouse