Hey Josh, any way to get a diostory on here?

Post your Street Hawk fan fiction here!
pentastar

Post by pentastar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:27 pm

Thank you Dan!

I sent Josh Chapter 3, so hopefully he'll have time to post them pretty soon. Chapters 2 & 3 are action packed, although Street Hawk doesn't make an appearance. We will meet up with Jesse Mach in Chapter 4.

I'd like to apologize that the photography for Chapters 1 & 3 is a little grainy/blurry. I was experimenting with taking photographs in the dark, letting the flash do all the illuminating. While it did give me the whole night-time look I was going for, it negatively impacted the quality of the photographs. I'm wondering how I will do night-time photographs from now on (Street Hawk is kind of like Batman, he works best at night).

Hope you guys enjoy the story.

Oh, and Dan...half the fun is making your own Command Center ;)

josh

Post by josh » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:12 pm

I just finished uploading Chapters 2-3. Nice Job!

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 pm

Awesome!

Josh, if I could kiss you, I would.

Well...ummm...actually, I wouldn't, :-X but you get the point.

Thanks again, Josh!

janice

Post by janice » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:51 pm

This is cool, Scott - more work than I have the patience for. I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

Did you use a tripod for the night-time photos? This should eliminate the blurring problem. What about external lighting on the subject with no flash? I have used a flashlight with a wide beam area. You can move it closer or farther away to increase/decrease light. You can also place it so that the light is indirect. We have a flashlight the has an adjustable head. It works great. I can move it where I want it and get direct and indirect light.

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:48 am

Hey Janice,

Thanks for the compliments.

I didn't use a tripod per-se, but I did stabalize it against a solid object before each shot. I also used a flashlight in order to get the camera auto-focus to work, then turned the flashlight off when it was in focus and took the shot. As you can see, my method yielded mixed results.

I do have a Mag light that has adjustable beam, I may try using that if I do night shots later on in the story.

Ok, well, gotta get to work building Norman's living room!

janice

Post by janice » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:49 am

If you need an inexpensive tripod, check Big Lots. I bought one there that extends to 4ft for only @$8. I have used the heck out of it. We spotted a small table top one yesterday for $3 or $4.

josh

Post by josh » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:20 am

Chapter 4 has been uploaded.

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:41 am

Hey Josh,

I just wanted to again thank you for allowing me to post my story on your website. I'm having great fun putting it together and seeing it posted for everyone to see really excites me.

I'm working on the sets for Chapter 5 right now, I think it might be a few weeks (maybe even a month) before I'll have the chapter ready to post.

Let me know what you guys think of the chapter. It's a short chapter to reintroduce Jesse into the story.

josh

Post by josh » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:37 am

I just got chapter 5. I almost have the FanFic area of the site complete and when it is finished it will be uploaded there. YOu can get to the new fan fic area using the menus on the website.

Nice job with Chap 5 BTW.