Observations

Discuss the pilot episode of Street Hawk
scott

Observations

Post by scott » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:56 pm

This building must have been a real warehouse (i.e. not in Universal Studios)
Command Centre interior is certainly a soundstage, and the alleys, billboard exit was filmed on the backlot. Agree?

I believe the exterior of the warehouse and billboard exit were shot on location somewhere in a industrial section of the L.A. or surrounding area. I've studied the Universal backlot for years, and have about 150 photographs of the the various locations on the lot. None look like the the warehouse or billboard exit.

hernesson

Observations

Post by hernesson » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:19 pm

Hi Scott. Always appreciate your comments.
I think so too! I have looked through numerous backlot photos also and can't find command centre or, for that matter, the Met Police HQ which Burton Armus told us was part of the film studios. Wonder what soundstage cc interior was filmed in? Is there a list of films featured in each warehouse do you think?

scott

Observations

Post by scott » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:44 am

Hi Scott. Always appreciate your comments.
I think so too! I have looked through numerous backlot photos also and can't find command centre or, for that matter, the Met Police HQ which Burton Armus told us was part of the film studios. Wonder what soundstage cc interior was filmed in? Is there a list of films featured in each warehouse do you think?
The exterior of Police HQ? No way, was that was on the backlot, that was shot on location for sure. I've searched for a list such as that, no luck. I'm sure, deep within Universals records exist such lists showing what soundstages past projects were assigned to. I would love to make friends with someone who works there... :)

hernesson

Observations

Post by hernesson » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:38 pm

Perhaps he is mistaken. I think we can allow the guy the odd mistake given he has to remember a show that finished 20 years ago! LoL Yeah, that building didn't look very much like a *set* tbh, it did look an awful lot like a real location, as did command centre exterior.

hernesson

Observations

Post by hernesson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Exterior of Police HQ and insignia badge.

hernesson

Observations

Post by hernesson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:48 pm

Looks definately like a real building, but many have been mistaken. Could it be the Universal Studios Office Building? The concrete around the steps look slightly *fake* like it could be polystrene. What would you say?

hernesson

Observations

Post by hernesson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:58 pm

Exterior frontage of Command Centre. A comparison.

hernesson

Observations

Post by hernesson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:33 pm

Tram lines and overpass bridge in the neighbourhood pretty much concludes that this building was a location, not a set and probably not on the lot at all. The interior however, I'm sure was a soundstage. As for the opposite side where the bike emerges from the billboard does appear to look like the same building as we see in the pictures above.

scott

Observations

Post by scott » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 pm

Looks definately like a real building, but many have been mistaken. Could it be the Universal Studios Office Building? The concrete around the steps look slightly *fake* like it could be polystrene. What would you say?

Don't think so. The "black tower" as it's known on the Universal lot has a totally different bottom. Of course it's also black.... ;D

hernesson

Observations

Post by hernesson » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:42 am

Ah, well, you know more than me here. I had no idea about this "black tower" (Funny sounds like a fairtyale ogre's stronghold!)
Well, like Command Centre, we'll have to look away from the back lot. Maybe some kind of civic centre? We'll posssibly never know.