Observations

Discuss the pilot episode of Street Hawk
jack
Re: Observations

Post by jack » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 pm

It was series 4, episode 14, titled, "out of the woods." Not their finest hour, it was a poor episode. Anyway, you can see for yourself, the grey box out front, the lights on the wall, the gates and the house all match up. I didn't think to check the internal sets but I wouldn't mind betting they're a match too, it didn't look like a set or a sound stage.
The sequence on the way to the gates was difference. In Streethawk it was more believable white fences, in Knight Rider it was all green hills. Of course, maybe neither was really true.

jack

Post by jack » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Little followup. The outside shots of the house all match up and so do those of the swimming pool. Although you see it from different angles and the SH pilot has poor quality video compared to the later episode of KR you can see that the floor tiles and edge of the pool are the same. The house has all the same external features as well. Inside they look different but in the KR episode they match the outside, in the SH episode they seem to be filming in a utility room of some kind but that makes sense if they're trying to secure a hostage.

TONY1977

Post by TONY1977 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:12 am

Well spotted, Jack. SH and KR shared some locations, as well as the producer Burton Armus, if memory serves. Plus the studio was the same so It's not a surprise when you see Jesse's Mustang in an episode of KR. The episode was Give me Liberty or give me death, the last one filmed between Dec. 24, 1982 and Jan. 4, 1983.

Tony

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Very interesting. Thanks much.