New Member Here

If you are new to the forum, please stop in to say "hello" and tell us a bit about yourself.
JesseHawks
New Member Here

Post by JesseHawks » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 am

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum here. I'm just a huge fan of 80s television, which is what I grew up with. My favorite show was/is Knight Rider, but I have fond memories of Street Hawk and I can't wait til the DVD set comes out! I've had an old VHS copy of the pilot episode (Canadian version, I believe) since the 1990s, but I haven't seen any of the other episodes since they aired in 1985!

Anyhow, thanks for having me. I'll try to participate as much as time allows.

JH

PS - About a month ago I scored TWO Rex Smith albums in terrific condition at a local thrift shop. I recognized the name, then the face ... I didn't even know he was a pop star in the late 70s/early 80s! :)

pentastar

Re: New Member Here

Post by pentastar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Hello JesseHawks!

Welcome to the boards!

Wow, you haven't seen any of the regular episodes since 1985. You're in for a treat when the DVD comes out. I may be biased, but I really believe most of the 12 regular episodes hold up well even after all these years.

In my case, Street Hawk was the only super vehicle show my parents let me see when I was a kid. I'm one of the few people who has never seen an entire episode of Knight Rider. When Airwolf came out on DVD I watched the first 5-6 episodes and was fairly impressed. I also watched the DVD of the Blue Thunder movie last year. Maybe someday I'll sit through an episode of Knight Rider, but what little I know about the show leads me to believe it will be too campy for my tastes.

spyhunter2k

Post by spyhunter2k » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Welcome. Good to have another voice.

streethawk.fan

Post by streethawk.fan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 pm

hi there. nice to see there is another fond fan outthere. just recieved my email yesterday saying that my streethawk dvd was on its way.

JON1482

Post by JON1482 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:57 am

Welcome to the site mate, hope you enjoy exploring the many threads. I don't know what it is that makes me such a massive fan of SH, I loved watching Knight Rider and Airwolf and even Blue Thunder but I could care less about owning any of the DVD's or collectabales. I just love it, maybe because it was more realistic,down to earth sort of thing and the secret hideout and secret identity of Jesse. (I sound a bit nuts, but I'm not!! :lol: ).
Check out my helmet project. Cleared and counting (that's about 15 days before the DVD's arrive!) Cheers Jon.

JesseHawks

Post by JesseHawks » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:26 am

Hi all - Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the warm welcome. I think I misspoke in my introduction post when I said I hadn't seen any epsidoes since they aired in 1985. I have this vague memory now of USA Network airing reruns during the 1990-91 season or thereabouts. I think I caught a few episodes during that run when I was about 15 years old. But at any rate ... 1985, 1990 ... doesn't really matter because it's still been a loooooong time ago!

I definitely had a thing for the "spectacular vehicles doing spectacular things" television shows when I was a kid. I think I became a Knight Rider fan first and foremost simply because it came out first (I watched the premiere as a 7-year old in 1982 and was hooked). Then came Airwolf ... then came Street Hawk. I also had a fond spot for all the detective/crimefighting shows in general. I loved the A-Team's van, Magnum's Ferrari, etc.

For me as a 9-year old kid, there was an immense feeling of mystery and excitement to be had from a masked crusader who operated out of a computerized base with a fantastic motorcycle! My only wish throughout the years was that the series would have lasted longer. But for me, watching the 12 post-pilot episodes is really going to be fun. It will definitely be like watching them for the first time again. The only "flash" of an emotional memory I have is an episode where Jesse loses his helmet and somebody important to him realizes he's the Street Hawk. I don't remember if this actually happened but I have that memory in my head from way back in my youth. Can't wait to watch! :)

When NBC decided to revamp a new Knight Rider in 2008 I had a party with friends to watch the original on the big theater room screen. I think I will definitely throw a Street Hawk party when the DVD arrives!

pentastar

Post by pentastar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 pm

JesseHawks wrote:The only "flash" of an emotional memory I have is an episode where Jesse loses his helmet and somebody important to him realizes he's the Street Hawk. I don't remember if this actually happened but I have that memory in my head from way back in my youth. Can't wait to watch! :)
You're remembering "A Second Self", the first regular episode to be aired (and by my estimations, the best episode).

It's interesting what things "stick" from when we were kids. I remembered vividly the arena scene from "The Assasin", especially the last bit where Altobelli meets Street Hawk face-to-face.

Squilla

Post by Squilla » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:25 pm

pentastar wrote:
JesseHawks wrote:
It's interesting what things "stick" from when we were kids. I remembered vividly the arena scene from "The Assasin", especially the last bit where Altobelli meets Street Hawk face-to-face.

My goodness! I thought I was the only one! :o

This scene affected me so much when I was 12 years old. I actually had a dream about it weeks later that I can still recall...

Anyway, Altobelli meeting Street Hawk and after episodes of saying he'd knock him out or lock him up, he freezes and the surprise and almost shock on the Commander's face is magic. Another reason the show lives on in my imagination. Awesome stuff.