Ideas Wanted: New Gadgets/Weapons for Street Hawk

Anything about Street Hawk can be discussed here.
pentastar

Post by pentastar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:06 pm

Hello Everyone!

I'd like to propose a question to you: If Norman was going to add more gadgets or weapons to Street Hawk, what sort of things do you think would be good for the bike?

So far this is what I have come up with:
- A vehicle immobilizer (the show Viper had one of these)
- A sidearm (replaces the "slug gun" from the Pilot)

And that's it for me...anything else I come up with (like wings) sounds ridiculous.

I have an alterior motive for asking: I'm hoping you all will help me come up with ideas for new technology I will be adding to the bike in my diostory.

Looking forward to your ideas!

stef2

Post by stef2 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:20 pm

How about a net launcher that fires from the bike and wraps perps on foot in an irritating tangly net.

A spike strip that drops, hydraulically, from the rear forks and drags about an inch from the ground whilst still attached to the bike. This would be flat and and about 2 meters wide, covering a meter either side of the bike. This would be to make side/rear ramming vehicles tyres explode before they got near to the bike.

Also, Street Hawk could use this as an immobiliser in pursuits. He could pull in front of a vehicle and to it's side, lower the spikestrip, hit the airfoils and one side of the vehicles tyres would run over the strip and blow out.

hernesson

Post by hernesson » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:21 pm

The "spidey" style net laucnher weapon is a cool one. The police developed a web gun to catch criminals in the late 60's but it never caught on. Either that or a stun weapon, like a taser gun, with a small electrical charge to temporarily parilyse. The police also have a weapon which sprays foam at a target, making it impossible for them to get away.
I think the bike should def have a radio immobiliser. One flick of a switch and the car infront gets its steering wheel or its wheels locked in position.

janice

Post by janice » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:34 pm

A taser?

Smoke screen?

On the goofy side, how about skis for water or snow? SH skiing down the side of a mountain would have been cool.

He really needed a fire extinguisher. Notice how many times he encountered fire.

janice

Post by janice » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:19 pm

Automatic balance stabilizer - it keeps the rider and the bike in perfect balance. Jesse can no longer fall off the bike and lose his helmet thus exposing his true identity. (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.)

janice

Post by janice » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:48 am

I finally figured out what was missing. Norman included the "Zoom" feature on the visor so they could see from a distance. They needed audio - a microphone to pick up conversations. Why was that not included?

tonerremecanique

Post by tonerremecanique » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:34 am

Some miscelleanous things could be added not necessarily cool but comfortable for Jesse.

Heat and air conditioned for the suit.

Maybe some cosmetic changes to the bike itself. Norman would change the design so to reduce drag during hyperthrust.

Some functional changes on the suit such as kevlar material to Jesse with some type of protection. Adding Red trims would look cool and at the same time the areas where the trims are located are where the kevlar is strongest.
Last edited by tonerremecanique on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack

Re: Ideas Wanted: New Gadgets/Weapons for Street Hawk

Post by jack » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:56 am

You can't really give the rider a gun. When we ride enduro you can't carry anything on you because it's going to hurt you if you come off (and you will).
How about fitting a tracking device like coded water. You can spray an assailant and track the code from a satellite. That's been around for some time. An EMP weapon to disable a vehicles ignition would make life a lot easier too.